Here are some of the steps to take for successful installation –
- Contact the water company and follow the instructions.
- Find the water supply and the shut-off valve.
- Install the water meter on the inlet pipe.
- Wrap Teflon tape around the threads on the connection point.
- Reopen the valve on the water supply pipe.
Installing a brand new water meter at your home or business in the Chattanooga area is probably NOT a DYI job! It is something that we do all the time. We are Chattanooga’s plumbing company All Home Plumbing. For more than 20 years we have handled plumbing emergencies and routine maintenance and installation in Chattanooga. Call us at (423) 598-1466.